Re: Clock problems

El lun, 30-05-2005 a las 19:31 +0200, K. Gysin escribió:
> I had a similar problem, hwclock failing with the stated message.
>
> Adding rtc to /etc/modules solved it for me. I do not believe it is
> necessary to manually add the device to /dev (at least it wasn't for
> me).

Not if you're using udev, devfs or anything deprecated or not that
creates the devices for you. I guess that even if you don't use those,
the file should be there unless you removed it. In this case the file
doesn't exist, so a missing module is very likely to be the culprit.

> You can check this by running "modprobe rtc" manually, and then trying
> hwclock again.

That will probably work.

--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>