Re: Clock problems

I had a similar problem, hwclock failing with the stated message.

Adding rtc to /etc/modules solved it for me. I do not believe it is
necessary to manually add the device to /dev (at least it wasn't for
me).

You can check this by running "modprobe rtc" manually, and then trying
hwclock again.

Regards,

-kurt