Re: Debian AMD64 Archive Move

Ed,

El mar, 10-05-2005 a las 13:48 -0400, Ed Cogburn escribió:

> If you had read my response to Goswin, you would know we aren't talking about
> release dates for anything, I'm talking about Sid, which will eventually
> become Etch, but obviously will exist for a long time before Etch does.  :)
> The issue here is just the co-location of non-free and the AMD64 repository
> (whatever its called, wherever its located).  Those 2 will find themselves
> together again on debian.org long before Etch sees the light of day, but the
> point is there is no reason to separate them *now*.

Except that you risk getting sued. That is a risk that, even if it's
very unlikely to happen, nobody who is responsable for Debian AMD64 in
any way wants to take. And you'd have to convince not only one of them,
but all.

I understand your disappointment (and also partially share it), but
please, drop it. I suggest that instead you use your time to write a FAQ
entry on how people can get the non-free packages by other completely
legal means. NVidia users will find that particularly useful.

Regards,
--
Javier Kohen <jkohen@users.sourceforge.net>
ICQ: blashyrkh #2361802