Re: Release critical bugs for amd64/sarge

Hello Harald,

On 05-May-06 10:56, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> Andreas Jochens wrote:
> > nntp             #280278+  missing '#include <errno.h>'
>
> Please don't remove nntp.
>
> Several packages seem to fail about a missing errno.h. Since
> gcc4 runs its own compiler, maybe there is another solution?

This bug cannot be fixed by using a different compiler version. It is
a bug under any circumstances. The FTBFS occurs on amd64 only because
amd64 uses nptl as the default thread implementation instead of the
legacy linuxthreads.

Unless this bug is fixed either by the maintainer or by an NMU and that
change is approved into sarge by the release team, the nntp package will
not be part of the amd64/sarge release.

In a different email you asked me about the status of the gcc4 archive.
The gcc4 archive on alioth is now accessible for amd64 and ppc64, but
the upload of the recompiled package versions is not yet complete.
Roughly 10% of the amd64 packages still have the old version which were
not compiled with the released version of gcc-4.0 but with an older version
of gcc-4.0. This will be fixed soon.

Regards
Andreas Jochens