Re: A question about a package

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda <lepalom@wol.es> writes:

>> > - have a different version of this package in the amd64 port?
>>
>> We (amd64 team) would very much like to avoid that. It disrupts
>> security support as that version would have to be tracked seperately.
>> There seem to be no reverse depends on coin2 (apt-cache rdepend in
>> sarge) so we would probably just remove it from amd64 if the bug makes
>> it unusable.
>
> Ok, and no separately repository also is not an option ....
>
> Leo

If you host is somewhere else then it is not our problem. You can
certainly do that. In that case I would say we remove coin2 from sarge
amd64 and you host a fixed one. Then no users will get the borken
version and we don't have to do secruity for it.

If the other options fail that is certainly an option.

MfG
        Goswin