libc6 install problem

Hi

Doing a fresh install on my Acer laptop,which is already running pure64
on other partition, I've running into a significant problem.

After rebooting halfway through the install, aptitude started and went
through the intital download of packages but seemed to barf on libc6.

dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/libc6_2.3.2-ds1-20-amd64.deb
trying to overwrite /usr/lib64

I've tried 'aptitude install libc6' with the same result.  I've already
had to repeat the install once for this because aptitude removed locales
(depends libc6) and I couldn't recover.

Regards

Clive

--