Re: "rock solid" motherboard

I hate to bring this up again, but this is the only discussion I've been able to find that speaks around my specific needs. I have the Abit AV8 and Athlon64 3000 CPU. When I try to install Debian with RAID-0 (two Western Digital SATA drives), it gets to the partitioning part and then it sees two drives. Shouldn't it only see one? I can't seem to get it to recognize one big drive (I think it's called striping?). I have SATA RAID ROM set to ENABLED in the BIOS and I've hit [TAB] at startup and used the auto setup to make a RAID-0 array, and I've set it to be a bootable array. What else do I need to do in order to get it to work. Please copy any responses to my email, as I am not a member of this list yet.