Re: Success on MSI RS480M2 ATI Xpress 200 based mainboard

Fredrik Vraalsen wrote:
I'm using the vesa driver for X at the moment, until Debian gets X.org which supports the ati chip (radeon 9200 igp) or I figure out how to get the ati proprietary drivers to work after the changes to the 2.6.10/11 kernel I guess. ;)

The on-board ATI video is a new directx9 compliant video, and is more of a Radeon 9600 PCI-Express than a 9200igp (which is dx7). I'm pretty sure you'll have to try the ATI closed-source drivers to get the video to work.

later,
Steve