Re: afs client

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Charles Leggett wrote:

Has anyone managed to get the AFS client working with a 2.6 kernel on
an opteron? I'm running a 2.6.10 kernel, and have tried recent CVS
snapshots, and while I'm no longer getting kernel oopses, when trying
to start the openafs client I get messages like:

I run fine with arla currently, and we have done that in production with amd64 2.6 kernels for some months now.

2.6.10 requires 0.38 which isn't currently packaged, or with 0.36 two small patches to the kernel source and arla-modules-source respectively.

/Mattias Wadenstein