Re: gpm problems

mtms@autistici.org wrote:

Not only gpm doesn't start at boot time, but after a while, randomly,
it completely freezes the machine once activated. It happens with every
kernel 2.6.x I tried since my first pure64 installation.

I'm quite sure that gpm is the culprit as since I removed it my system
is pretty stable.

It doesn't happen on the i686 box where gpm works fine since ages.

Any ideas?

--

Hello-

If this is a PS2 mouse then be sure to use /dev/gpmdata in
the XF86Config-4 not /dev/psaux or there can be a conflict.

Check the /etc/gpm.conf and make sure to use the repeater.

The man page for gpm explains about the repeater to gpmdata.

editor@postscript.port5.com

--
AMD Athlon64 @2.4Ghz Corsair TwinX1024-3200XL @480Mhz DDR ASUS A8V Deluxe Pro ASUS Radeon A9250Ge/Td/256 Creative SB Live WD Raptor SATA Maxtor PATA IBM/Okidata Color PostScript3 Lexmark Mono PostScript2 Debian GNU/Linux debian-amd64/pure64 sid Kernel 2.6.10 XFree86 4.3.0 Xorg X11R6.8.2 1.5 Mb DSL