Re: New netinst iso

the owner <editor@postscript.port5.com> writes:

> Goswin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> the new sid netinst image is uploaded and moved into place. The sarge
>> one is rsyncing with yesterdays updates. Sorry it took so long, I
>> nearly forgot to downgrade the libc6 and base-files to unpatched
>> versions and that took more doing than I expected.
>> Enjoy.
>>         Goswin
>
> I burned the 18 feb sarge-amd64-netinst.iso to a CD. When booting the
> CD there was a dialog saying "error reading the CDROM" after the
> hardware was detected. The vt messages said 'error retrieving file: no
> such file or directory: /cdrom/dists//Packages.

/cdrom/dists//Packages or
/cdrom/dists/sarge/main/debian-installer/binary-amd64/Packages?

> I mounted to iso9660 and looked inside the CDROM and had no
> problems. The Packages file looks garbled inside the new sarge iso
> when easy to read in last weeks sid iso. The Packages file was in the
> /dists/sarge directory on both netinst except there was no error last
> week.

D-I defaults to use sarge and complains if not found. For that reason
even the sid CDs use sarge. I also added links for testing, sid,
unstable to cover all bases.

> I think the Installer can't read the Packages file.
>
> The 18 feb sarge-amd64-netinst.iso seems broken.

If cat can't read it then it is broken.

I rebuild it and checked the packages files. Only change should be the
D-I image being rebuild overnight.

d2c37750d57c7bb315998c97b05ca6fc  sid-amd64-netinst.iso

MfG
        Goswin