Re: Re: Anyone tried the ASUS A8V-E Deluxe?

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Alois Zoitl wrote:

i got this htin g yesterday and I'm not to glad about it because I can not get the network running.
As far as I found out it uses also the sk98lin driver.
But the standard driver that comes along with the debian amd 64 cd fails the installation.

It's a bug in the installation image, it's known to fail to load the module even though it detects it fine. During installation, you have to choose the option to execute a shell, run "modprobe -f sk98lin", which initialises the NIC, possibly bring up and configure the interface with the appropriate ifconfig command and friends, and from then on you should be fine. I have such a beast working under my desk right now, with pure64 installed, and had no other problem with it. I am currently running a kernel compiled from the stock debian sources, 2.6.10.

Bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it>

OSSERVATORIO ASTRONOMICO DI CAGLIARI
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel. (OAC): +39 070 71180 248     Fax : +39 070 71180 222
Tel. (UNICA): +39 070 675 4916

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                          (Freddy Mercury)