Re: Netinstall fails to detect SATA disk.

Hello,

I had this kind of behavior (sata disk detected but not responding), with netinst and 2.6.10. My solution was in the BIOS. I had to disable all kind of ide detection on empty slots and since then it worked perfectly.

I explain: I have an ide disk master on ide0 (no slave), an ide DVD-ROM master on ide1 (no slave), one sata disk on ide2 and no sata disk on ide3. If I prevent the bios from detecting anyway on ide0/slave, ide1/slave and ide3, all is fine !

Hope this helps,

GoM