Re: lib6 upgrade problems

On Saturday 18 December 2004 23:46, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-12-19 at 00:32 -0500, Jason Stuart wrote:
> > nobody appreciates to be patronized....
> >
> > on that note....have a good holiday
>
> Sounded to me like he was trying to be helpful and humorously admit
> that there was a broken package.
>
> > On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:39:17 +0100, Goswin von Brederlow
> >
> > <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:

> > > Go to bed and when you wake up again it should be fixed.

I agree, even if someone has had a bad day no need to vent on the rest
of the community. Also like the old saying goes, if you have a
problem sleep on it, and go after it fresh the next morning. You
could also look at it this way, if the package is broken, it might
stay broken, no need to frustrate the developers, or it might stay
that way for a long time.

I for one think that Goswin, others, react very quickly to problem
packages. My hats off to them for their excellent work they do, just
try to get all those other software companies to react that fast.
Most of them won't even do that if they can help it, even if you
spend the big bucks in support contracts.

Rcall