AMD64 gcc-3.4/gcc-4.0 archive

On 04-Dec-10 18:13, Kyuu Eturautti wrote:
> As I understand, there is also a gcc-3.4 sarge, I dont remember if this is
> just a symlink (seems so - but permanently or not?) or a different
> distribution but at least it's in the directory tree. However, I was
> unable to find real information on that one. Could someone clarify or
> perhaps it should be added to the HOWTO.

Sarge is indeed a symlink to unstable in the gcc-3.4 archive at the
moment. But I am planning to change that when sarge is released.

However, the gcc-3.4 archive will likely become a gcc-4.0 archive soon.

Many packages in the gcc-3.4 archive have already been compiled with
gcc-4.0. In my own archive, I have compiled about 95% of the packages
with gcc-4.0. Of course a few more minor patches will be necessary,
but I did not find any serious issues with gcc-4.0 so far.

Regards
Andreas Jochens