Re: Java and others on amd64

Tobias Krais wrote:

as for I am new in this list I wanna ask some more questions. Up to now I found not very much information how you solve problems with missing packages on debian amd64. I search for following packages (or an other way how you got it to work):

- Java

Use the backdown version ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux/devel/lang/java/blackdown.org/JDK-1.4.2/amd64/rc1/

- Openoffice

Install ia32-libs-openoffice.org to get the needed 32bit libraries then manually install the i386 openoffice debs (using --force-architecture)

- Eclipse

The official Linux (AMD 64/GTK 2) build from eclipse.org works fine for me.

- Realplayer

No clue, nor do I particularly care =)

-Peter