[Fwd: Re: Asus K8V - acpi/cpufreq]

> On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 15:45 +0200, Sebastian Steinlechner wrote:
>>
>> I'm not sure what my current bios version is -- on asus.com, they are
talking about versions 1003 and 1004, and I can find neither in the
bios information. So I guess I'll just give it a try and update it, but
I need to put a floppy drive in my box first ;)

> You can probably do it without a floppy by getting a copy of
> www.sysresccd.org and remastering the freedos image to include the BIOS
update program and BIOS image.

Don't flash your bios with the ez-flash "crash free" bios utility ( alt-f2
during the startup). I just did this on my amd64 box, the bios upgrade
failed and now my system doesn't boot anymore. :-(

Apparently the "afudos" utility is the best way to upgrade your bios.

--
staf