Re: Amd64 status

* Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan (rkrishnan@symonds.net) wrote:
>  || On Tue, 04 May 2004 13:06:52 -0700
>  || Alex Perry <alex.perry@qm.com> wrote:
>
>  alex.perry> This is three e-mails from John and me a while ago; I think they are
>  alex.perry> still true.
>  alex.perry> I do recommend using the alioth pure64 archive in addition to John's one.
>
>  alex.perry> http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2004/debian-amd64-200402/msg00216.html
>  alex.perry> http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2004/03/msg00003.html
>  alex.perry> http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2004/03/msg00006.html
>

> Thanks Alex.
>
> Is it that one has to start with the tar ball from John's site, to start with the
> pure64 installation? Isn't there some way of picking up the required packages from
> alioth's pure64 repository?

You dont need to use the tar ball from John's site. You can deboostrap a
chroot if you have a 64bit kernel from Kurt's repository. You can find
more about how to do it from this e-mail

http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2004/04/msg00111.html

You can set up a pure64 chroot using this.

Bharath

---
Bharath Ramesh       <bramesh@vt.edu>       http://csgrad.cs.vt.edu/~bramesh