Re: reproducing my config

Alex Perry wrote:

Start with the pure64 tarball from John per message
http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2004/debian-amd64-200402/msg00216.html

Everything I'm using is from his archive or is available using this APT line:

deb http://www.fastwave.net/pamurray/ sid main

I should mention that "dpkg-dev" has to be pinned, either
in dselect or in apt/preferences, so that John's version
   1.10.18
is not replaced by a more recent one in the mainline
   1.10.18.1
which doesn't have the special hooks for the amd64 pure.
You'll notice if that replacement accidentally happens,
because package building starts giving _wierd_ errors. 8-)

I mentioned this in an earlier e-mail, but am repeating it here
for anyone who is seeking to reproduce my configuration.

Sorry for any confusion,
   Alex.

PS.  John, could you forward port your patch please ?
I don't recall where it is available online, otherwise
I'd just do it myself and stick the deb in my archive.