Re: Concerns about AMD64 port

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 06:46:12PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> When people have the choice of installing debian and play
> quake/doom/descent/civilization or install debian, setup a chroot
> manually and play quake/doom/descent/civilization after hours of
> fiddling around I think I know what they will choose.

Too bad this doesn't work anyway... or are all the comments I've seen on
various lists that 64bit kernel/video drivers don't work with 32bit
games...

I see no point in the biarch stuff for amd64 either. There are so few
Linux commercial apps that need anything more than libc6 that waiting
years for a 64bit port at all is really pointless.

And while you keep trying to stick to this biarch stuff that will take
years to resolve  the other dists already have native amd64 ports:
Fedora, Gentoo, Mandrake, RHEL, SuSE, etc...

Chris