Re: X11 system lockup with 5.11.0 kernel

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 11:04:42AM +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
>  I think the only feasible way of determining what has happened here is
> that you track the offending change down by bisecting the upstream kernel
> repository with `git bisect'.

That would normally be what I would do, and it may yet happen.  Problem
is, I don't have a 64-bit system with enough disk space to do the kernel
builds with a cross-compiler, and local (native) builds on the PWS are
taking 36+ hours each these days.  Unless I get *really* lucky with the
bisects, the task will take a couple of weeks.

Anyway, I've whined enough :-).  Might as well get started...

--Bob