Re: current status of alpha in squeeze

* Arthur Loiret (aloiret@debian.org) [090816 00:06]:
> To be short, I still intend to help for the alpha port, but I don't
> think it will be enough for an official release. It would be great if
> some other interested people had time to dedicate to the port.

Unfortunatly we have to agree with this statement. We had to make an
decision. Based on the results of the overall feedback, we decided to
demote alpha as an release architecture.

This means, we will in about 14 days time start to remove the packages
from testing. Alpha will be completly ignored for any purposes of
testing migration as of now, and bugs specific to alpha are no longer
release critical grade.

Cheers,
Andi