Re: etch --> lenny upgrade report on Alpha platform

rct@gherkin.frus.com wrote:
> Someone asked me why I don't try "iceweasel".  I have...  Version
> 3.0.1-1 bombs consistently with an illegal instruction, even if all
> plugins are disabled and my ".mozilla" directory is moved out of the
> way.  I thought I might try looking at the iceweasel source package
> to see how Debian got around the libxul.so issue, and the answer seems
> to be "use xulrunner-dev".  I might try that in a few days, but I've
> got a 2.6.27-final kernel build to do first :-).
It may be of interest that I couldn't get any gecko based browser to run on my alpha either after installing lenny. It seemed that Javascript was to blame. I could start epiphany-webkit, but it too bombed on any page with javascript. I need to investigate further.

Simon