Re: gnumeric issue since libc6.1 upgrade

On August 27, 2007, Bob Tracy wrote:
> Not sure where I should have filed this bug report, but I think I
> picked the wrong location...  In the interest of getting a little
> more exposure, the libc6.1 people may wish to have a look at #439733,
> which was filed against gnumeric.  The actual problem is that gnumeric
> aborts on startup with a "Failed to generate NaN" error (the message
> comes from a function in "libgoffice").  The problem surfaced right
> after I upgraded libc6.1 and associated packages to version 2.6-2,
> and I figured since the math library is being implicated here...

This comment might not be that relevant depending on what you are running, but
what if you load the kernel math fixups (modprobe math-emu)?

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe at uwo.ca -- MC-)
 Computer Engineer                          Dept. of Applied Mathematics,