Re: RES: State of XOrg in testing/unstable

On Fri October 13 2006 05:50, simon@cliffestones.demon.co.uk wrote:
> To clarify X hasn't worked since the move from 6.9 but it does run. I get
> an impressionist image and moveable square which represents the mouse, as I
> can move it about. My suspicion is some change to the PCI code/memory map
> as I imagine hardly anyone in i386 land has a PCI graphics card. Does the
> UP1100 have an AGP socket, some of the UP series did, didn't they?

I'm running an ATI 3D Rage Pro 215GP PCI card on a i386.  Works fine on kernel
2.6.16 and Xorg 7.1.1.  It's not the same card as yours, so guess it doesn't
really help with anything, but here are the relevant Xorg lines:

X Window System Version 7.1.1
Release Date: 12 May 2006
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.1.1
<snip>
(--) PCI:*(0:14:0) ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro 215GP rev 92, Mem @
0xfe0000
00/24, 0xffbef000/12, I/O @ 0xfc00/8

I also have the same in my PWS500au.  Its running fine under kernel 2.6.16 and
Xorg 7.0.0.  Here are the relevant lines for it:

X Window System Version 7.0.0
Release Date: 21 December 2005
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.0
<snip>
(--) PCI:*(1:10:0) ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro 215GP rev 92, Mem @
0x090000
00/24, 0x0a803000/12, I/O @ 0x8400/8, BIOS @ 0x80000000/17

Good luck!  -T

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe at uwo.ca -- MC-)
 Computer Engineer                          Dept. of Applied Mathematics,