ES18xx with alsa-sound and kernel-2.6.x ?

Hello,

The onboard "soundcard" of the Digital PWS is an ESS18xx audiodrive.
Now that OSS has been deprecated in favour of Alsa, I'd like to use that.

With kernel 2.4.27, and alsa-modules homebuilt from alsa-source, I use this
in /etc/modutils/alsa-base:

   options snd-es18xx isapnp=0 enable=1 port=0x220 irq=5 dma1=1 dma2=5 mpu_port=0x330

This works, although it clicks a bit, a fix for which has been described on
this list once (didn't test it).

I can't seem to make it work in 2.6.8 though. alsa-modules are included in
the kernel. I played with the isapnp,enable options and I'm pretty sure the
ports are the same. Does somebody know how to make this work?

Regards,
	Jan-Jaap