RE: Using an HSZ50

You definitely need to use the Qlogic differential card.  The other ones
won't work.

HVD (high-voltage differential) is electrically different from
single-ended or low-voltage differential.  It is designed to allow for
longer scsi cable lengths, something that bug servers in big data
centers need.

It has largely been replaced by fiber channel these days.  I don't know
of any other HVD card that I supported by Linux.

The SCSI-Ethernet combo is most likely a single-ended low voltage
device.  It won't work on your HSZ50.  HVD scsi signals can damage
non-HVD disks, so be careful.

In order to use your HSZ50 you need to configure it using a serial
terminal connected directly to the controller (needs a RJ11
(phone-plug)-terminated serial cable.  Configuration is kinda
complicated - you can find some pointers if you do a google search on
'HSZ50 HSOF'.  Once you get the storagesets configured, you should see
them at boot.

I think you probably have some storagesets already configured (that's
what the boot messages indicate), but there might be some errors in the
configuration.

Also, you have to make sure both ends of the scsi bus are properly
terminated.

Good Luck