Re: Radeon 9000 and Alpha Debian 3.0 r1 (machine posts!)

Right, upgraded to XFree86 4.2.1 and installed the Gatos DRM and Radeon
driver. Got Accelerated X but no DRI (yet) by passing the ChipId of a Radeon
8500 to the driver in XF86Config.

Well on the way to having an Alpha we decent 3D accel, thanks for the help
guys! :p

Matt

"Matt Simis" <mattsimis@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have found that the Radeon 9000 PCI is capable of posting on in an
Alpha,
> infact in perhaps poorest VGA supported Alpha, the Ruffian (164UX).
Neither