Re: bug #102226 regarding Samba: some good news !!

Well, I must admit that I had similar problems to you when building the same
package on the Intel/Potato machine.  I have Intel/Woody here so it just
installed without a build.  Basically what I did was compare my *dev* entries
on my successful Alpha/Potato with that of my Intel/Potato and installed the
difference.  Then the samba package built fine.  What I can say for sure is
the 2.2.0.final.a samba source is running on all my machines now without a
hitch and I had to build them for the potato machines.  In the case of my
over-simplified e-mail from before, my Alpha/Potato machine just happened to
have all the right packages already loaded.  There is no dependency built
in to a source package.

--
James D. Freels, P.E._i, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory