Re: dpkg modification: non-interactivity

Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

> Previously Mitch Blevins wrote:
> > I just think we can accomodate the needs of the multi-machine clusterer's
> > without adding alot of complexity to the tools used by everyone else.
>
> But making a filesystem appear to change while in reality it doesn't
> is not the solutition here. I still think the only way to do this
> properly is make the maintainer scripts check this.
>
> Wichert.

One could redirect any changes to /usr (or whatever dir is shared) to
/tmp. After the installation any differences to the shared space are
then reported and an intervention from the administrator is required.

Actually any such problem is a bug for any shareable directory.

May the Source be with you.
			Goswin