Re: list of goals?

-> > Unix has lots of fixed databases. /etc/passwd, /etc/aliases, etc. etc.
-> > What we need to do is define a list of standard interfaces (getpw*(),
-> > etc.) so we can have multiple implementations of the database.
->
-> Did this work with /etc/passwd? No. Try to modify the format of
-> /etc/passwd. BTW: That interface is very limited. I tried to write a few
-> admin tools using CGIs. I ended up modifying /etc/passwd and stuff
-> directly :((

hmmm we can look on FreeBSD which has imho good pw database or olaris which
has get* functions done wor working with files,nis,nisplus...
i'd like to see both in debian - database access to passwd and access to
nis(yp) and NIS+ too

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, sysadmin at Telenor Internet Kosice, Slovakia
 BIC coord for *.sk; admin of netlab.irc.sk; co-admin of irc.felk.cvut.cz