Re: dpkg modification: non-interactivity

Previously Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> If I am not mistaken Wichert wanted a central config database as a package.
> Problem: A new package might need some configuration option which is not in
> the config-package.

You are very much mistaken. What I want is a central database to store
information, and a seperate file listing all variables. When a package
is installed the information about its variables is merged with the
current list of variables.

A possible implementation would be to give a package a file debian/vars,
and install that along with the other control files in
/var/lib/dpkg/info.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl