Re: dpkg modification: non-interactivity

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Mitch Blevins wrote:
> > Why change our tools and procedures to make them more complex just to
> > accomodate a small population of users?
>
> Because we are dedicated to high quality? Making a system that works for
> most people but can break horribly for a minority it something that a
> commercial distribution can get away with, but I don't think we should
> do that.

Of course I agree with you on that.
I just think we can accomodate the needs of the multi-machine clusterer's
without adding alot of complexity to the tools used by everyone else.
I'm against breaking the system horribly for the majority, minority, or
anything in-between.

-Mitch