Lets make a Config DB (was Re: KISS)

On Mon, Jan 04, 1999 at 11:18:49PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Chris Leishman wrote:
> > For a nice, simple configuration database we could impliment a package that
> > contains three utilities:
>
> Doable. The only change between this and the proposed database is that
> this one doesn't allow you to use multiple database to create a big
> virtual databases, but that is not necessary for most users. Think of it
> as a minimal implementation.
>
> Wichert.

Ok...so is it possible to start work on a simple version of this database
package - with just the base tools to allow update and retrieval (but the
ability to extend it later when we have more time and motivation)?

Who is interested in this?  Who has started allready (Wichert?) ?

I'm not an overly confident coder (but I can code) - so I won't take this on
myself, but I'm more than willing to help out.  Lets at least get something
happening people :)

Regards,

Chris

REALITY.SYS corrupted: Reboot universe? (Y/N/Q)   ....Debian GNU/Linux
Reply with subject 'request key' for PGP public key.  KeyID 0xA9E087D5