Re: dpkg modification: non-interactivity

Previously Jesus M. Gonzalez wrote:
> 	On another topic, I'm also worried by the instalation of
> machines sharing disks (via NFS or CODA). In that cases, you can share
> a single /usr, for instance, for many machines.

That is completely orthogonal to the configuration issue, but what dpkg
needs is a configuration which tells it to ignore certain parts of the
filesystem. You can then install a package and have dpkg not install
stuff in /usr/doc, or skip /usr/bin, /usr/sbin and /usr/X11R6, etc.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl