Re: Start BRLTTY only when a braille display is plugged

Patrick ZAJDA <patrick@zajda.fr> wrote:
> I have a home server where I installed BRLTTY in the case I would have to
> read something directly from the machine.
> Debian Bullseye is installed on this machine.
>
> Is it possible to have it started only when I plug my braille display on an
> USB port instead of starting it on boot with the SystemD unit?

I think starting only when the braille display is connected is the
default for BRLTTY nowadays. It uses udev rules to detect the presence
of the display by matching the USB vendor and product identifiers.

I don't know why yours isn't configured to start this way, however.