Re: Espeak

Gilles Casse <gcasse@oralux.org> writes:

> Espeak is a completely Free (GPL) text-to-speech natively speaking English:
> http://espeak.sourceforge.net
>
> Luke Yelavich maintains the Espeak packages for Ubuntu:
> http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/universe/e/espeak/
>
> I have two questions:
>
> * Could Debian welcome Espeak in its repository?

Since the license is plain GPL, I don't see any reason why not.
I've just given the german voice a try.  I am not really trilled
by the speech quality itself, but the fact that espeak is already supporting
more than just english is definitely a good thing.

--
CYa,
  .''`. | Get my public key via finger mlang@db.debian.org