amiboot 6.0snapshot freezes machine

Hi,

I have been trying for quite some time to get Debian boot on my Amiga 1200 with 68030/50 with 64MB FAST (ACA-1230/50 accelerator by Individual Computers) as well as an Indivision AGA Mk2 flicker fixer installed.

I tried several install images, but I could never get Debian to boot. With Woody and Sarge, the screen just went black (out of sync from the FF) while Etch and later would just let the machine freeze immediately after running the StartInstall script.

Anyway, it turned out that the issue for Woody and Sarge is my flicker fixer, I could hook up the Amiga to a serial console and boot the kernel with console=ttyS0,9600n8.

However, what's more interesting is that the freezing amiboot problem actually seems to be a known issue [1] and keeps me from installing any later version of Debian.

Using amiboot 5.6 won't help as the compressed image of the later kernels is too large for that version of amiboot to handle.

Does anybody have an idea what the issue with the freezing amiboot 6.0snapshot could be?

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz