Re: rescue testing

On Mon, 2006-11-06 at 06:46 +0100, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Eugen Paiuc wrote:
> > I have installed a testing debian on a quadra840av - with
> > Laurent Vivier's help and official debian-testing-m68k-bin1.iso-
> > but unfortunately the installation don't finished cleanly.
> >
> > The system has a 2.6.17-2-mac kernel, but on reboot it is complaining of
> > missing :
> > udev[777]: inotify-init failed
>
> Recent m68k kernels should have inotify. Maybe 2.6.17-2 is not sufficiently
> new?

Maybe ...
Is the kernel from debian-testing-m68k-binary-1.iso. And I have not the
net connection.
Even for having this one , I'd should have to enter in chroot on F2,
and install some pkg style initramfs or so, so d-i don't know noting
of this and ask to reinstall the base system. At this point I decide to
reboot -from F2-  thoughting that all is ok , but it's not so...
> > target system does have no /sbin/init
> > and drop to a bash
> > (initramfs?):q840
> > where I don't know wath to do...
>
> Has the disk numbering (sdX) changed?
Yes , instalation was made with a singel disk, and for (re)boot, we are
"obligated"
to use a disk with a mac OS - like you know ! - . But I correct this
numbering (sdX) changing by useing a 2.2.25 kernel from a old debian
installation.

> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>
> 						Geert
>
> --
> Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond ia32 -- geert@linux-m68k.org
>
> In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But
> when I'm talking to journalists I just say "programmer" or something like that.
> 							    -- Linus Torvalds

Regards,

Eugen Paiuc