Re: [linux-mac68k] Re: Results of trying 2.6.7 and 2.6.8 on Macintosh Quadra 650

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 05:02:59PM +0200, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> > I just checked out the amiga and mac kernel images and they do need fixing
> > (according to objdump -p, I don't have Amiboot). So, I guess Roman's patch
> > wasn't applied?
>
> Yep, same result here. The kernel I did manage to boot with Amiga-Lilo did have
> the stack program header... Strange...
>
> > It would be good to see the patch tested more widely if that would help
> > get it into CVS. I've only tested the patch with binutils-2.15 (gcc 3.3.4
> > and 3.4.1) and it worked fine. It would be nice if it also fixed kernels
> > built with binutils-2.14.
>
> I can confirm it fixed my uClinux kernel linked with 2.14.90.0.7.

The famous "Roman's" patch is for binutils, right? I can't find it in the
list right now, but maybe I am not looking hard enough. If it is a patch for
the linux source, I do not see it in CVS yet, there where no chances since I
built the kernel-images. Can somebody point me to "the patch" so I can try
to build a new cross compiler with it? Or maybe send some mac patches along
or whatever you want in the kernel? Or should I just upload the current
images to the debian archive?

Christian