Re: Xf86 and fbdev, unresolved symbol

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 05:46:16PM -0500, Matthew P. Cummings wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 19:07, Sarah wrote:
>
> It is the only solution I have found that works.  Use fvwm or twm for a
> window manager, not the desktops kdm or gnome.  They'll really show you
> how slow and low on ram a stock amiga 4000 is.  They run, but you'll get
> gray hairs waiting on it.  Same for Mozilla.

Mozilla does work on the m68k arch though.  You sure are right about the
slow part!  On my A2000/030/40MHz/16M it takes about 5 minutes to render
Slashdot, and that is going to my Envizex X-terminal (offloading the
X-Server portion from the A2000).

Fortunately, I caught mention here of the Dillo browser, which is
downright snappy by comparison on the same hardware.