Re: No Key Repeat in X

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:05:19 +0200 (MEST)
Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004, Joel Ewy wrote:
> > So if nobody else is having this kind of problem I must have hit some really
> > peculiar bug in X or something.  Am I using a version of X nobody else is
> > running on a Mac?  Anybody have any ideas about where to start debugging this
> > thing?  I've looked at xev, and it tells me when I press and release keys,
>
> What does `xset -q' say (`auto repeat: on/off')?
>
> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>
> 						Geert

Here's another possible clue.  When I uncomment the line: 'Option  "AutoRepeat"  "250 30"' in my XF86Config-4 file and restart X the change does not appear in xset -q -- the reported autorepeat settings remain at the default 660 25.  Other options in the keyboard section are definitely read, as I can foul up the key mapping with little effort.  Also I note that if I switch back to the VT where I ran startx I see a console message from X:  '(II) Keyboard "Mac ADB Keyboard" handled by legacy driver'.  Is this to be expected?
Here's my current keyboard section.  Anybody see anything obviously wrong?

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Mac ADB Keyboard"
	Driver		"keyboard"
	Option		"CoreKeyboard"
#	Option		"XkbDisable"
#	Option		"Protocol"	"Standard"
	Option		"AutoRepeat"	"250 30"
	Option		"XkbTypes"	"default"
	Option		"XkbCompat"	"default"
	Option		"XkbGeometry"	"macintosh"
	Option		"XkbLayout"	"us"
#	Option		"XkbModel"	"xfree86"
	Option		"XkbRules"	"xfree86"
	Option		"XkbModel"	"macintosh_old"
#	Option		"XkbKeymap"	"macintosh_old"
EndSection

Some of these options I have enabled because I found them in other people's 68k Mac config files posted to this mail list that supposedly worked.  For instance, I have no idea what XkbTypes or XkbCompat are supposed to do.

--
Joel Ewy
jce-m68k ~at~ swbell ~dot~ net