Re: Kernel 2.6 for m68k/amiga

On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 10:36:32PM +0200, Kars de Jong wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 10:10, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > >
> > > Please use the version from Linux/m68k CVS, cfr. http://linux-m68k-cvs.ubb.ca/
> >
> > Or the ones I built last week?
> >
> > | I just uploaded some 2.6.7 kernel-images to
> > | http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/kernel-image/
> >

> I tried kernel-image-2.6.7-amiga_2.6.7-1_m68k.deb on my hardware:
>
>         * A1200 with Blizzard 1260 accelerator
>         * 2MB Chip, 48MB Fast
>         * Blizzard SCSI-II interface
>         * IBM 3.2 GB IDE hard disk
>         * Quantum Fireball 2.1 GB SCSI hard disk
>         * Seagate ST32550W 2.1 GB SCSI hard disk
>         * Ricoh MP6200S SCSI CD-RW drive
>         * El-cheapo NE2000 compatible PCMCIA network card
>         * PC power supply
>         * Commodore 1942 monitor
>
> It boots, but it doesn't detect my IDE hard disk. Gayle is detected
> though. With my self-compiled 2.6.4 kernel it does work. The only
> difference config-wise is CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDOUBLER which I have
> disabled.

You mean I should disable IDEBOUBLER? Anybody using IDEDOUBLER who would
complain?

> Also, CONFIG_APNE is not enabled so no network for me...

I think APNE (thats NE2000 for PCMCIA, right?) did not compile, so I kicked
it out.

> CONFIG_AMIGA_FLOPPY is enabled but doesn't seem to do anything.

Dunno, haven't used a floppy in ages, but I did buy some DD floppies a year
ago or so. Wha where floppies used for again?

> All other hardware seems to be detected OK, haven't tested everything
> yet.

Good.

> Why did you enable CONFIG_SERIO_I8042 and CONFIG_KEYBOARD_ATKBD by the
> way? I'm not aware of any Amiga supporting those...

I think I was overwhelmed by the new keyboard choices and only pressed Y
whenever I wasn't sure. I will remove them.

Thanks for testing,
Christian