Re: m68k und ipv6?

On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Kilian Krause wrote:

> Hi Finn,
>
> Am Sa, den 14.08.2004 schrieb Finn Thain um 16:13:
> > On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Kilian Krause wrote:

> > > When booting 2.4.25 or 2.4.26 i get a "Kernel panic: Attempted to kill
> > > init" for both kernels.
> >
> > Sounds like init segfaulted. You could try passing init=/bin/sh to the
> > kernel.
>
> Nope, no-go with init=/bin/sh. Same segfault "attempted to kill init"..

:(

> > > And the 2.6.7 from Christian is not getting beyond loading the builtin
> > > eth0 module for the SONIC NIC.
> >
> > Yes. I'm afraid my builds from the linux-m68k CVS had the same problem.
>
> hmm, would an 3COM NIC work better? Yet i'm not sure how to disable the
> onboard SONIC NIC...

I built a 2.6.7 kernel without SONIC, since I have a second NIC, but that
was from the CVS on 21st July. At the time, ADB was non-functional on the
Quadra 650, as was the serial console. At the time, 2.4.26 was no better.
I was hoping that the build you got from Christian would work better.

Does anyone have a mac without a SONIC NIC? That would be an AV Quadra
apparently,

http://web.archive.org/web/20040211060716/maclinuxstatus.sourceforge.net/status/

-F