Re: "unable to open initial console" overcame

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 07:35:31AM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 11:07:16AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>
> > No. I'm saying you (or whoever wrote userdevfs-dev.txt) was in error,
> > and made /dev/console to be 4,0 instead of 5,1.
>
> Oh right, I understand. Yes, that was me (who else? ;).

Dunno. For all I know, could've been anyone ;-)

> Who knows what I was thinking?

Let's say you forgot to put away the crack pipe, or so ;-)

> Fortunately, you got that into rc1.

I did? Great, indeed.

> > Haven't really started on vmelilo-installer yet; it's summer over here,
> > we've had ~30°C the last few days...
>
> We have a record setting cool day forecasted for 27C. Last week it was
> running about 35C which was real nice what with the high humidity.
> Fortunately, we have air conditioning everywhere.

Well, I don't. Thing runs in my bedroom, and with my laptop stolen, I
have no choice but to sit right next to it.

The fact that it's one of those boxes that *really* needs to be cooled
doesn't actually help either... so I prefer to leave it switched off
with these temperatures ;-)

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks