Re: Atari bootstrap

V Út, 15. 07. 2003 v 12:12, Andreas Schwab píše:
> |> VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
> |> Warning: unable to open an initial console.
>             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Looks like the filesystem in the ramdisk can't be properly read.  Try to
> add some debugging hooks to the ext2 code to find out what the kernel is
> actually reading.

Andreas and Stephen, I understand from your words that the unability to
open an initial console is something fatal. But I keep getting this
message everytime I boot the Woody's root.bin (which continues to
operate normally, it seems).

What does it mean when the /dev/console cannot be open? That programs
cannot print anything on screen? Or that the kernel is booting on a
machine without console attached? Why is this message appearing randomly
on the Quadra but I get it everytime on Falcon and ARAnyM? Should I
start debugging something or is it really harmless warning?

Petr