Re: Please help install 68LC040

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 09:00:34AM +0200, Damian Mihai Liviu wrote:
> I have an PowerBook 540c with 68LC040 CPU at 33Mhz, 20MB RAM, floppy,
> Sonic NIC. My problem is that somehow I have locked the hd and now I can
> boot only with extensions disabled. Can you help me to install Debian on
> this? All that I have and is an x86 with Slackware.
> I have no skills on m68k.

The 68LC040 lacks a MMU, some even lack a FPU.
Right now Linux wouldn't run on the PowerBook 540c,
perhaps it will run with uCLinux (http://uclinux.org)

I myself got recently a Macintosh LC475, which has also a 68LC040,
so now I looking for a 68040 processor chip to replace it.

Yes, this is request a for pointer how and where the get a 68040.

If the PowerBook has the processor also in a socket, like the LC475,
you could also replace the CPU.

> Thank you.

Cheers
Geert Stappers