Re: Installing an Amiga 3000T

On Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 09:51:07PM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> Oerks... I'd first look into the box to see what sockets I find there...
> Okay, there are no PS2-style sockets. I found some vertically standing
> RAM chips (I don't know their name) near the CPU card (this is an Amiga
> 3000 T) and some ICs that on the CPU board itself.
>
> The sockets on the mobo itself seem to be all filled. (I remember I've
> ripped off some kind of RAM card out of an A2000. It this compatible?)

Should be supported, but I don't think you want to use that. Somebody
explained it recently. I have a GVP-SeriesII card, if I use the 8MB which
are onboard, the Amiga crawls. No fun. Plus I think it might use the same
address space, where you 16MB is located, so no extra mem for you. IMHO you
need a turbocard which can address extra (FAST) memory.

> Wrt. your Germany visit... Are you at the Developer's meeting on
> Oldenburg? I'm also going to go there:)

Unless somebody gives me a ride from Paris (I know thats not in germany), I
don't see that happening. The only affordable way to get from HH/KI to Paris
and back forces me to stay till sunday. Next year things should be easier
again for me to go to meetings in europe.

Christian