RE: amiga framebuffer (aga) and xfree 4.2.1-3: shadowfb trouble

Hi,

Ross "the Debian guru" wrote

> Hi,
>
> Christian T. Steigies wrote:
>
> > Ask on the right list, debian-68k knows more about this than debian-x I
> > guess. I haven't been able to get XFree86 4.x working myself on my
> Amiga,
> > but I believe it made some progress since I last tried. I heard there
> are
> > still problems with the module loader, or maybe just on 060 machines.
> One
> > proposed fix was to install the debugging version, which has all the
> modules
> > compiled in: xserver-xfree86-dbg
> > But maybe somebody who actually has X4.x running on m68k can tell you
> more?
>
> XFree 4.1 does actually run on m68k now, I saw it running on a friend's
> Amiga 4000/040 (using virgefb), but to get it to run, I believe that we
> had to prevent it from loading any modules, and we couldn't get the
> keymap configured correctly (I think it was configured for a PC
> keyboard), so we couldn't type anything properly. Mouse was ok though.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ross..

	Yep thats my A4000, I even got KDE working (snore, you could go and
make
	a cup of coffee waiting for it to load) but it worked, key map was
all wrong.
	I could only get KDE to work on a 600x400-8 screen ???  I have
"played"
	around with XFree86 configs and really done something wrong :(  So X
	at the moment is not working.  Ross, can you spare 5mins and have
	a look at it on the weekend ?  please :)

	A4000 warpengine 040 40
	64meg ram
	cybervision 64/3D

	Regards