Re: X Problem

On Mon, 2003-02-24 at 09:57, Lincoln Rutledge wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> My install of 3.0r0 is almost complete, but I am still having a couple
> of problems.  I'm using a Quadra 610 w/ 1gb SCSI drive and factory
> everything else, extended keyboard and 1 button mouse.
>
> Got the /dev/adbmouse and BusMouse settings, and set XkbDisable so that
> Xkb keyboard extensions are off.  Also set Fbdev as the server.  But
> when running X, my keyboard is still not working properly.  I can't use
> shift+pgup or shift+pgdn, and the letter "a" is not working.  I know
> it's a setting, as at the console the keyboard is fine.
>
> Did I make a wrong turn during the installation, or does X have to be
> configured manually on Woody?  With Potato it worked out of the box.

Make sure you have the following line in the InputDevice section that
describes your keyboard:

 Option          "XkbModel"      "macintosh_old"

> Also is it common to have the system completely lock frequently when
> installing packages from cdrom?  Is there a newer kernel (using 2.2.20)
> that might have better SCSI cdrom support?  I was ready to punt after
> about the 10th lockup while trying to get through the install.  Now I
> still get lockups trying to let dpkg finish up installing everything
> I've selected.  I was hoping that going to Woody would fix it, but...

Try adding mac53c9x=1,0 to the Command Line in Penguin.  This will tell
the driver to not let devices disconnect from the bus.  There appears to
be a problem reconnecting some devices when they are allowed to
disconnect.

Ray